We would like to invite you to be part of our nationwide celebration!
You can support this event in many ways:
1. Register yourself as a drummer for the Guinness World Records™ Attempt (Vancouver);
On July 1st we will host a Guinness World Records™ attempt to set a record for “Most Nationalities in a Drum Circle” (single venue) of a recognized orchestral piece of music lasting at least five minutes in Vancouver, BC. Since this world record will be based on the number of nationalities participating, we are looking for many multicultural drummers to partake in this event and would appreciate your help!
The requirements are as follows:
- Participant(s) must hold a valid foreign passport (spots for Canadian nationality drummers have already been filled)
- Participant(s) must be willing to train with us (attend rehearsal prior to July 1st)
- Participant(s) must be available to perform on July 1st
- Participant(s) must have a basic knowledge of drumming
In appreciation for your efforts, we will offer each participant a personalized, official certificate from Guinness World Records™. We are offering two spots for each nationality at a first come first served basis. Pre-registration is required.
This is a large-scale, thrilling initiative and we need the participation of a very diverse community to succeed!
2. Register yourself and your group as a drumming team (All cities);
You and your group can also be part of the festivities and join other drummers across the country for a simultaneous drumming celebration. After the Guinness World Record attempt taking place in Vancouver, drummers will be joined by the rest of Canada for simultaneous, multicultural drumming. The whole process will be broadcasted live across eight cities and on social media platforms around the world.
Drumming groups with professional performing experience can contact us for an opportunity to perform on stage as part of our multicultural drumming showcase.
Send inquiries to [email protected]
3. Spread the word through your social media network with the hashtag #canada150drumming;
We are active on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and are promoting all our drumming participants across the country! Follow us on social media for the latest updates.
Ready to join us? Click on the buttons below to begin your registration!
Please direct additional ideas and questions to [email protected].